EMP: Manufacturing Operations
Today, EMP's manufacturing process is changing the value of production through innovative automated material handling, which drives high-volume parts production. EMPís main manufacturing center is in Escanaba, MI and has over 250,000 square feet in manufacturing capability, with highly integrated automation cells, including over 200 CNC machines.
When Brian Larche purchased EMP in Escanaba, MI in 1991, it was an automotive parts production shop with a great deal of opportunity. The EMP team seized that opportunity, and added a vision to bring modern, technologically advanced manufacturing processes to the companyís diesel engine market niche.
EMP is focused on being a "problem-solver", not just a contract manufacturer, by providing its customers with more customer service, innovation and high-volume productivity methodology than ever before. By combining the work ethic and intellectual craftsmanship of itsí manufacturing staff, EMP is able to not only remain viable, but is able to compete globally.
Because of our focus on automated product machining, "our cycle times and lead times have improved dramatically" added Kobasic. He also notes that "we truly have evolved to become a full-service leader. This is how we evolved and it is now the foundation for our name - Engineered Machined Products. It is that focus on integrated automation in manufacturing that drives the rest of our company." Four major integrated manufacturing cells operate out of Escanaba, which include automated horizontal milling machines, the robotic operations, work setting and work transfer stations, pallet shuttles, conveyor systems and multi-function operations.
- Support and Capabilities
- Quality Engineers & Technicians
- Purchasing & Logistics
- Manufacturing, Controls & Automation Engineers
- Customer Service, Info Systems, Finance, Human Resources, & Plant
- Core Competencies
- Automated High Volume Machining & Testing
- Manual Low-Mid Volume Machining & Testing
- Automated & Manual Assembly & Testing
- Fixture, Assembly Equipmeny and Leak Test Design & Build
- Software Integration
- Enterprise Resource Management - QAD, MFG Pro
- Real Time Process Monitoring
- Pro Fixture Design
- Real Time SPC
- Manufacturing/Assembly Equipment
- Horizontal Machining Centers (HMC's)
- Vertical Machining Centers (VMC's)
- Chuck Lathes
- Machine Tending Robots
- Assembly Robots
- Thermal - Deburr & Ultra Sonic Washing